Any decent computer book stores in GTA?

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sun Aug 13 22:24:17 UTC 2006

Gregory D Hough wrote:
> James Knott wrote:
>> This afternoon, I dropped into the local Chapters and was appalled at
>> how much the technical book section had been decimated, since I last
>> visited a couple of weeks ago.  They're really dumbed down what used to
>> be a good selection.  Is there any decent technical book store left?
>> --
>
> It's hit or miss at the bookstores unless you order and pay in advance.
> Have you tried "The Worlds Biggest Bookstore" on Edward near Yonge? I
> might also suggest the library. I recently had my daughter locate for me
>  a book entitled "Unix Shell Programming" which was sent to a local
> branch for pick-up within a week. She has even renewed it twice online!

I often get books from the library.  Unfortunately, they tend to be a
bit stale.

WBB used to be good, but last time I was in there (about a year ago)
they had only a poor selection, in place of what used to be an excellent
technical book section.  You'd think that being downtown and near
Ryerson & U of T, they'd have a bit better selection.