Any decent computer book stores in GTA?

Gregory D Hough mr6re9-mI4xJ4qlgtBiLUuM0BA3LQ at public.gmane.org
Sun Aug 13 22:09:46 UTC 2006

James Knott wrote:
> This afternoon, I dropped into the local Chapters and was appalled at
> how much the technical book section had been decimated, since I last
> visited a couple of weeks ago.  They're really dumbed down what used to
> be a good selection.  Is there any decent technical book store left?
> --

It's hit or miss at the bookstores unless you order and pay in advance.
Have you tried "The Worlds Biggest Bookstore" on Edward near Yonge? I
might also suggest the library. I recently had my daughter locate for me
  a book entitled "Unix Shell Programming" which was sent to a local
branch for pick-up within a week. She has even renewed it twice online!

FWIW-I did find a similar technical book at Indigo with a price tag of
seventy bucks. I'm getting all that I need from the loaner for free.

BTW-Does anyone know when the Canadian price and US price will actually
reflect the current exchange rates? What a joke!

HTH
greg