MP3 Players

Alex Beamish talexb-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Aug 13 14:58:11 UTC 2006

On 8/13/06, phil <phillip-l+pbsqP8NtUm29vl6s1fFg at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> I've recently been thinking that I'd like to get a flash-memory MP3
> player with built-in microphone -- like Toronto really needs one more
> person walking around, apparently talking to himself.  :-)
>
> Research has give me conflicting results, so I'd like to know if people
> have good or bad results using various models with Linux (KDE) or
> particular programs.  (My current leader on price for features is a
> SanDisk M250 model, but I'm not wedded to that.)
>
> Comments?

I've got a really good little unit from Creative -- 512M storage, USB
connector that Linux automounts, FM, built-in microphone. I got it about a
year ago from Future Shop for about $75 I think. Records in mono, but the
fidelity is quite good, and it uses a AAA cell. It's about half the size of
a flip-top cell phone .. works great.

--
Alex Beamish
Toronto, Ontario