open source pdf writer

Howard Gibson hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Aug 12 02:33:15 UTC 2006

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 09:04:29 -0400
Kush <be_a_sport-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Does anybody know of any pdf writer which can edit pdf files like adobe
> distiller does?
>
> I have seen many pdf readers --xpdf, kpdf, evince, adobe reader etc  and
> have come across the pdfcreator.sourceforge.net  for simple pdf creation
> using the ghostscript  system (ps2pdf) but haven't come across a  full
> blooded pdf editor yet.
>
> Kush

Kush,

   Do you want to modify existing PDF files or create new ones?

   If you want to do new ones and you know LaTeX, use pdflatex.  When you use the hyperref package, your PDF file gets a navigatable table of contents.  Also, you can use latex2html to create a web page as an alternate to your PDF.

--
Howard Gibson
hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
howardg-PadmjKOQAFn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org