SIMPL project needs some Python upgrade help

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 11 16:06:21 UTC 2006

On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 11:58:30AM -0400, bob wrote:
> I recently upgraded my box to one where the preinstalled Python version is
> 2.3.
>
> I am also the facilitator for the SIMPL open source project
> (http://sourceforge.net/projects/simpl) and I noticed that the Python-SIMPL
> extension which was built for Python v1.5 is now broken in my build.    Can
> no longer find "Python.h" amongst other things.
>
> The original author for this Python-SIMPL is not available, and my knowledge
> of this aspect of Python is sparce.
>
> Any help getting this build repaired would be appreciated.

Well I know python 1.x and 2.x are somewhat different.  I would have
thought if there were any problems with it, that the current versions
would have fixed that given they seem to have had a release only a few
months ago.

Now as for Python.h, well on debian at least that exists in the
packages:
python2.3-dev
python2.4-dev
python2.5-dev

So install the one that matches your python version, and then you should
be able to compile python extensions.

--
Len Sorensen