SIMPL project needs some Python upgrade help

bob ican-rZHaEmXdJNJWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 11 15:58:30 UTC 2006

I recently upgraded my box to one where the preinstalled Python version is
2.3.

I am also the facilitator for the SIMPL open source project
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/simpl) and I noticed that the Python-SIMPL
extension which was built for Python v1.5 is now broken in my build.    Can
no longer find "Python.h" amongst other things.

The original author for this Python-SIMPL is not available, and my knowledge
of this aspect of Python is sparce.

Any help getting this build repaired would be appreciated.

Thanks.

bob