debian install can anyone help please,

Paul Sutton zleap-Tp5KeRqLOeNeoWH0uzbU5w at public.gmane.org
Sun Aug 6 00:17:45 UTC 2006

Hi

I know this is short notice but does anyone have a copy of debian or
kanotix (debian sid based),  that they could drop over to the global
village backpackers between now and monday evening please.

I have a laptop, it's just a basic ibm thinkpad with windows 98,  which
is great for mail etc, however I want to update my website and perhaps
the one for the rugby club and it would really help to have Linux for that.

I seem to have a 15 gb hdd, 12 gb free space so thats should be plenty,
  I am a bit concerned however about deleting the doze partition
completly as I would have to back up the drivers in case I need to put
windows back on for what ever reason,  it's good to have dual boot
sometimes anyway.

the backpackers hostel is at 460 king street, on the junction of king
and spadina, i have some blank cd's here so if you bring one over you
can have a blank one to replace the one you used.

sorry it's short notice but I have to be back at summer camp on tuesday
and the bus leaves from yorkdale at 7:30,  so that only leaves sunday
and monday to get hold of something,

what I intend to do is dual boot, if everything works then I have no
real need for windows, but I can't risk not having something work, I
think the wireless network card should be ok (SMC),  any one had any
experince with this.

thanks

paul