Open Source song - "Write Code With You"

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 2 20:32:24 UTC 2006

On 8/2/06, Tom Watts <wattst-dxuVLtCph9gsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
[...]
> > I'll pull up the gmane thread and see what the folks at Digital
> > Copyright Canada think.  If there's a conflict, then I suppose we can
> > take the files down and hopefully rework the music.
> >
> > Murphy hates me.  I swear it.  >:(
> >

> lol, sorry, I didn't mean to wear the hat of captain bringdown, but I
> think it's fine; I once heard a Christmas song on the Maccast podcast
> from the podsafe music network which was essentially a song I knew but
> with different lyrics.  If that's possible, I think this would be this
> is fine.

Heh.  Actually, I appreciate the heads up - much better to know than not.

A response came in from the DCC list that suggests it is not "Fair
Dealing," so I've removed access to the recording on our BBS.  That
email also suggests seeking Mr Sandler out, and seeing if he might be
interested.

Not sure how or where to start (other than the web) but if he's
interested, it'd make one helluva story.

Live and learn I guess.  Thanks again.

--
Scott Elcomb
http://w3.avidus.ca/

"In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle,
stand like a rock."

  - Thomas Jefferson