Anyone with Roger's Lite accounts?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 17 15:07:42 UTC 2006

On Sat, Apr 15, 2006 at 02:55:08PM -0400, William Park wrote:
> I'm thinking about trying Roger's internet Lite account (1M down, 128k
> up, $31.95 month).  Partly, because I get 5% discount if I bundle 2
> services (cable + internet, in my case).
>
> Anyone has horror stories to talk me out of it?

Well other than the usual: They block port 25, they don't allow servers,
you can't get a static ip, they have a bandwidth quota and will cut you
off (supposedly permanently) if you exceed it, etc, then the service is
usually reliable, and the speed really is what they promise (unless the
server is too slow you are connecting to).  I think I have noticed 3 or
4 outages in the last year, and I think the longest was 3 or 4 hours.
Most were 10 to 15 minutes I think.

Len Sorensen