Anyone with Roger's Lite accounts?

Paul Mora paulmora-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 17 15:23:53 UTC 2006

On 4/15/06, William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> I'm thinking about trying Roger's internet Lite account (1M down, 128k
> up, $31.95 month).  Partly, because I get 5% discount if I bundle 2
> services (cable + internet, in my case).
>
> Anyone has horror stories to talk me out of it?

Be very careful when bundling services from Rogers or anyone else, because
you cannot "unbundle" without some severe penalties.  Read the fine print on
the agreement.

>From what I understand, if you want to remove or "unbundle", you not only
pay some service fee, but you have to pay back the money you saved when you
first signed up!

Right from the Rogers.com website, in the Terms and Conditions for it's
bundles:

**Early termination fees: For each Rogers Cable service category (i.e. cable
TV, Internet and Rogers Home Phone™) that is terminated prior to the expiry
of the 24-month commitment period, Rogers Cable shall be entitled to charge
an early termination fee as liquidated damages, which fee shall be equal to
the value of the Better Choice Bundles™ discount received in respect of the
terminated service category (to a maximum of $100 per service category if
the termination occurs during months 1 through 12 of the 24-month commitment
period, and to a maximum of $50 per service category if the termination
occurs during months 13 through 24 of the 24-month commitment period). For
any Rogers Wireless service that is terminated prior to the expiry of the
relevant commitment period, early cancellation fees of $20 per month for
each month remaining in the commitment period (to a maximum of $200) apply.

pm

*--
Paul Mora
email: paulmora-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org