unsubscribing... etc

Leah Cunningham leah-L9i2b+zLJ9LIrURfT66hzQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 12 23:41:18 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 12 April 2006 19:17, Jason Spiro wrote:
> On 4/12/06, Leah Cunningham <leah-L9i2b+zLJ9LIrURfT66hzQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > Last I checked, the email based method still works.  The current TLUG
> > list is on an outmoded majordomo system that is planned to be replaced
> > with the new lists.gtalug.org mailman server at some point.  Maybe before
> > the apocalypse...
>
> I find mailman's web interface sometimes makes simple things
> difficult. Is there a good alternative web interface for mailing list
> subscription and unsubscription?
>
> > There is some question to if the list should be renamed to
> > gtalug-kPTIhHHajqAdnm+yROfE0A at public.gmane.org or to tlug-kPTIhHHajqCUDcPCtBIScg at public.gmane.org
>
> IMO, gtalug-kPTIhHHajqAdnm+yROfE0A at public.gmane.org would be easier to remember. Maybe we could
> also ask the freenode volunteer staff to redirect #gtalug so it takes
> people directly to #toronto-lug.

Yes, I think probably it will be gtalug-kPTIhHHajqAdnm+yROfE0A at public.gmane.org and maybe we'll have an
alias for the other...

That's a really good idea.  If anyone has the time to poke some freenode staff
member about it, I think it should be done.

--
Leah Cunningham : d416-585-9971x692 : d416-703-5977 : m416-559-6511
Frauerpower! Co. : www.frauerpower.com : Toronto, ON Canada