Fwd: Job Announcement: ICS looking for C and C++ programmers...paying "good dollar"

interlug-vSRlqIl1h/9eoWH0uzbU5w at public.gmane.org interlug-vSRlqIl1h/9eoWH0uzbU5w at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 12 14:12:21 UTC 2006

Subject: Job Announcement: ICS looking for C and C++
programmers...paying "good dollar"
Date: Wednesday 12 April 2006 09:30
From: Jon maddog Hall <maddog-2l5V8CiXCHs at public.gmane.org>
To: gnhlug-announce-42Xinq3euNkdnm+yROfE0A at public.gmane.org
Cc: maddog-2l5V8CiXCHs at public.gmane.org

Hi,

A friend and long time associate of mine, Peter Winston has a company
 called ICS.  Those of you with hair that is turning grey or white may
 remember Peter's company sponsoring the old Xhibition shows in the
 early days of the X Window System.  You may also remember ICS from
 their support of Motif, and from their builder tools.

Peter is looking for C and C++ programmers, and I have been told by him
 that he is paying "good dollar" for salaries.

I asked Peter for a better description of the job, and he sent me this:

Integrated Computer Solutions, Inc. (ICS), the leader in advanced
 graphical user interface development, has a number of positions
 available for C++ Programmers. The successful candidates MUST have 1-3
 years of GUI programming experience and solid C++ software engineering
 experience. Recent experience with Qt is a plus. Our customers often
 require security clearance and US Citizenship. As a member of the ICS
 staff, you will be a part of the largest independent supplier of
 add-on products, training, and professional services for the Qt
 multi-platform framework developed by Trolltech.

Currently we have positions in the Boston, DC, Houston and Silicon
 Valley areas.

You will:
o Design, develop, code, test, document, and support C++ and Qt
 software applications.
o You will act as a Qt user interface expert for ICS. Due to the nature
 of Qt, development happens on several operating systems (Windows,
 Linux, Unix, and Macintosh), and the developer needs to be familiar
 with at least two of them, and able to work on the remaining ones.
o You will also be expected to attend customer meetings which will
 require travel.

You have:

o Incredible coding skills.
o Excellent command of written and spoken English.
o Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
o Incredible insight into all the aspects of software development,
  including client/server programming.
o The ability to travel.
o Strong interpersonal and communication skills

You are:
o Self-motivated combined with a proven ability to work well in teams
o Able to learn quickly and willing to share knowledge
o Flexible, enjoying a fast changing and unpredictable environment

Please send resumes to jobs-OVFjX/pycg8 at public.gmane.org
--
Jon "maddog" Hall
Executive Director           Linux International(R)

Board Member: Uniforum Association, USENIX Association

(R)Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in several
 countries. (R)Linux International is a registered trademark in the USA
 used pursuant to a license from Linux Mark Institute, authorized
 licensor of Linus Torvalds, owner of the Linux trademark on a
 worldwide basis (R)UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group in
 the USA and other countries.