Lets all use the IRC channel for once

Jason Spiro jasonspiro-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 10 17:54:57 UTC 2006

On 4/9/06, Vince Hillier <vince-WxfNDWQh5LNIo2TaICnI/Q at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> That's the actual issue.  To attract there has to be substance.  I made
> an effort to be in the channel for a week
> With talk of house/lan parties, a gtalugradio
> podcast of some sort, Linuxworld coming up, and all manner of other
> related stuff going on, surely we could at least have more than the
> current 12 users, perhaps with more than 1 line of text per day?

So Alt-Tab over to your IRC client and start talking. :-) C'mon, it's
not *that* hard to start a conversation: just ask a question or just
say "hi all, what's up". Even if nobody notices your comment at first,
sooner or later someone will, and you can probably set your IRC client
to alert you when someone types anything in the channel.

And if you're annoyed with keeping a full-scale IRC client open see
http://tlug.ss.org/wiki/IRC_with_Gaim and follow the easy
instructions. Don't forget to Alt-click on #toronto-lug in your buddy
list and select "Auto-join".

Cheers,
Jason, who's taking a break from all IRC usage for now :-)