sco:ibm lawsuit

interlug-vSRlqIl1h/9eoWH0uzbU5w at public.gmane.org interlug-vSRlqIl1h/9eoWH0uzbU5w at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 6 18:54:14 UTC 2006

On Thursday 06 April 2006 14:31, Peter wrote:
> This is an unbelievable lawsuit. Just how long can they pull it on ?
> Longer than the Bold and the Beautiful ? According to Slashdot IBM
> are feeling that the lawsuit is Kafkaesque (with references to 'Der
> Prozeß'). I already knew that. Is there some precedent to how long a
> lawsuit can be drawn out ?
>
> Peter

Groklaw.com and the Yahoo! Finance message board for stock symbol SCOX
(The SCO Group) are good sites for those with an interest in this case.
Also have a look at ip-wars.net  I heard that question asked several
times, but have never seen a canonical answer.  I think that when one
or more parties to the suit want to drag it out, it can go just about
forever.

That said, two of the three discovery phases have already closed (with
some exceptions) and dispositive motions will be allowed again in a
month or two IIRC.