sco:ibm lawsuit

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 6 19:03:50 UTC 2006

--- Peter <plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> This is an unbelievable lawsuit. Just how long can
> they pull it on ?
> Longer than the Bold and the Beautiful ? According
> to Slashdot IBM are
> feeling that the lawsuit is Kafkaesque (with
> references to 'Der
> Prozeß'). I already knew that. Is there some
> precedent to how long a
> lawsuit can be drawn out ?

I am not a lawyer, and I only talk to them when I feel
I must.

Still, I am sure with appeals this may drag out
several more years. Think about it, when SCO started
this @#$% SCO shares were about $1 each, they are now
around $4 each (granted for a time they were over $15
each), so, this lawsuit has been great for the
executives who have been issued and then cashed out
SCO stock. The minute the lawsuit is over, when SCO
has been proven not to have a hope of shaking IBM down
for $$$ then SCO's assets return to being a dying Unix
business and they will the liability of a massive IBM
counter suit. So, SCO executives milk this for every
dollar they can get for themselves and they want this
suit to go on as long as possible.

IBM is in no great rush, they want SCO DEAD in a way
that leaves NO question regarding IBM having acted
improperly. So, IBM is patient, but they will crush
SCO, just later rather than sooner. In other words IBM
will do everything in the courts by the book and take
SCO's claims apart slowly, methodically.

Colin McGregor