non-interactive XML editor

Fraser Campbell fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org
Tue Apr 4 13:03:39 UTC 2006

Marc Lijour wrote:

> I see one problem in your situation, how is xmldohicky  going to guess the
> format of the text files? If the format was fixed, for example XML (to take
> the problem the other way around) it would be extremely easy to generate
> whatever output format you wish by using XSL Transformation (xsltproc is your
> tool, it comes in libxslt-xsltproc).

I know what each element is.  For example I have a files called packages
which lists things like apache, postfix - one per line.  When I
encounter a package file I know each line should be stuffed into a
install.software.package (node/element/whatever).

I'll take a look at xsltproc, perhaps that will do what I want.

Thansk