D-Link DWL-G122 USB Adapter work in Debian/Ubuntu?

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 28 21:01:25 UTC 2005

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 04:17:13PM -0400, Steve wrote:
>
>>That's not very nice of them! I will heed your warning and try to get
>>all the info before buying one of their products.
>>
>>So, what do you think of Netgear? :-) Should I spring for the MA111
>>model? Are they more consistent?
>

> I wouldn't trust any of the big cheap stuff makers to not change a
> device without changing the model.
>
> I don't have much experience with netgear interface cards so I am not
> sure how they do for that.  linksys and dlink though I know to be
> careful with.

I purchased a few Netgear 511 pcmcia cards a while back. The only way to
tell the difference between the different chipsets between rev.1 & 2 was
to see if the card had a Made in Taiwan or Made in China line
respectively. Apart from that, the cards were identical on the outside
but use different chipsets on the inside. Add Netgear to your list of
manufacturers requiring careful research.

Jamon