family web site software

Robert F. Kennedy rfk-Zd07PnzKK1IAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Sep 25 06:07:42 UTC 2005

Hi Chris,

I am looking for a family web site that could handle things like a
family tree, a photo alblum and password protection. Those are the main
things - some extras that would be nice would be a calendar, email
accounts with the family name domain name, link area and a blog. I have
Mambo running on my server but it does not do anything close to a photo
alblum. It also should be very easy for people to use.

Paul, thanks for recommending the drupal.org site. From there I found
that tufat.com has a family tree builder which I wonder if I could
easily plug into packages on the same site.

Thanks,
Robert

> I just got back from a Kennedy family reunion in Ottawa where I
> volunteered to set up a web site for us. Anyone familiar with a
> package that I can install on a web server? I am running MySQL, PHP
> and Apache on RH9. Commercial examples are myfamily.com and
> yourfamilywebsite.info.

     What features do you want, and why do you need a package for it?

--
     Chris F.A. Johnson                     <http://cfaj.freeshell.org>