Firefox about:config details (WAS: how to add file type handler to firefox ?)

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Sat Sep 24 03:24:21 UTC 2005

On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 11:46:52PM -0400, Ian Zimmerman wrote

> Walter>   There are 2 ways of doing it, which are basically identical.
> Walter> Here's a real-life example where I wanted mplayer to handle mms
> Walter> and pnm and rtsp (I've built mplayer to pass the URLs on to
> Walter> RealPlayer if they turn out to be RealPlayer codecs).
>
> How did you find out?  I mean, I know there's a page on the mozilla
> site that describes about:config _in general_, but how does one find
> the actual "path" names?  Other than reading the humongous source?
>
> I'm not the OP, but I had this problem a few times.

  I didn't answer back then, because I didn't have the heart to say that
I read it in a post on this list a long time ago.  Since then, I've
stumbled over a Mozillazine webpage with detailed info.  The page is...
http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_Entries

My musings on technology and security at http://tech_sec.blog.ca