how to add file type handler to firefox ?

Ian Zimmerman itz-4SqnbbNSRR0 at public.gmane.org
Sat Sep 17 03:46:52 UTC 2005

Walter>   There are 2 ways of doing it, which are basically identical.
Walter> Here's a real-life example where I wanted mplayer to handle mms
Walter> and pnm and rtsp (I've built mplayer to pass the URLs on to
Walter> RealPlayer if they turn out to be RealPlayer codecs).

How did you find out?  I mean, I know there's a page on the mozilla
site that describes about:config _in general_, but how does one find
the actual "path" names?  Other than reading the humongous source?

I'm not the OP, but I had this problem a few times.

--
Optimist: We're only two weeks behind schedule.
Pessimist: The schedule is a whole two weeks ahead of us.