'Best practices' question for a backup

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 22 20:17:40 UTC 2005

Christopher Browne wrote:
> On 9/22/05, Dave Bour <dcbour-Uj1Tbf34OBsy5HIR1wJiBuOEVfOsBSGQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
>>You're right, however I guess that some people have anm expectation of what
>>they do is private and not their employers business, hence having them sign
>>an acknowledgement of such policies makes it clear what the expectations
>>are. Not being a lawyer, I can't tell you who's correct, but at least by
>>signing such an acknowledgement, the employer asserts his rights.
>

> If the computers are NOT considered to belong to the employer, then
> there are a myriad of liability issues to rear their ugly heads, and
> that ought to be the "trumping" factor.

This is a very important topic, but I also expect the program to be used
by individual as well as corporate people. Either way, being an OSS
program, there will be nothing to 'sign' from my point as view as the
author.

My concern is the default behaviour of the program when the end user is
unknown.

Madison