Linux programming (and other) jobs in Ottawa.

G. Matthew Rice matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 19 18:07:15 UTC 2005

Christopher Browne <cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> writes:
> What is an interesting question here is whether they are:
>  a) Looking for "Unix" developers, and writing 'Linux', or
>  b) Looking for 20 experienced Linux kernel developers.
>
> There is an argument to be made that Toronto is something of a "dead
> zone" as far as Linux is concerned because there aren't many Linux
> developers here.  Irrespective of whether the 20 positions above are
> kernel jobs, there are *WAY* more kernel people in Ottawa than in
> Toronto, despite the 3:1 population difference.
>
> It's kind of disappointing...

Once you take out the people that work(ed) for Corel->HCC->Rebel.com->Xandros
how's the ratio look :)

You also forgot to mention that their lug is bigger than our lug.

Just kidding around.  You're right, it's disappointing.
--
g. matthew rice <matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>           starnix, toronto, ontario, ca
phone: 647.722.5301 x242                                  gpg id: EF9AAD20