The History of the World. Part 2

psema4 psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 27 22:03:44 UTC 2005

On 10/27/05, psema4 <psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Several things have me up in arms right now, so I apologize if my tact
> is that of a bulldozer.  I am nothing if not passionate.

Paul Hudson does a much better job of explaining my viewpoint in an
article "Free as in Freedom" in December's copy of LinuxFormat.  We
just had our copy delivered to work today.

In a way, I envy those with literary skill - the ability to reach out
and provide clarity alongside a message.  I can read like a demon, but
conveying my thoughts is entirely a different matter.  Give me a
manual, or a circuit board any day.

There has been but one response, public or otherwise, on 3 lists (2 of
which are relatively active), to my post.  I'm operating almost blind
at the moment.

What do others think on this?

Was the message rash?  Too bold?  Ill-advised?

On topic? Meaningful?

As I understand it, the Toronto Linux Users Group is one of the oldest
LUG's around.  I am hoping some of that experience will come forth and
help guide this thread.

I have neither the experience, nor the stamina to fight the social
blocks I face, for long enough to make a clear case on why I believe
this should be important to us all.  My heart understands it.  My
fingers just can't type it.

It has been a long, long day.  And now, I must needs to beat sendmail
into submission.

Take care all,
--
Scott Elcomb