FTP Question

Devin Whalen devin-Gq53QDLGkWIleAitJ8REmdBPR1lH4CV8 at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 27 18:01:02 UTC 2005

Hey,

I had to create a perl program for a client.  Basically, it fetches an
XML file from a third party's server and inserts values into a database
based on the XML for our client, then it creates another XML file and
sends that to the third party's server.  I was told that the third party
were going to use sftp.  However, after a having problems getting the
sftp to connect to the ip address provided I contacted the third party
and he said he could connect fine using cuteFTP (a windows app).  So I
go to a windows machine and try with this program and it works.  Then I
see that it is using ftp, not sftp, but also it is using this: FTP with
TLS/SSL Port 990 implicit.  I have no idea what TLS/SSL Port 990
implicit means?  Has anyone on this list come across this?  Do you know
how I can do this from the command line?  Using some windows program is
not an option, this has to be automated.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks.

--
Devin Whalen
Programmer

Take back the Web with FireFox....a browser you can trust
www.getfirefox.com

   .-.
   /v\    L   I   N   U   X
  // \\