Jeff Waugh in Toronto

Behdad Esfahbod behdad-26n5VD7DAF2Tm46uYYfjYg at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 27 15:21:25 UTC 2005

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the note.  My comments below:

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005, Colin McGregor wrote:

> >From the above I would assume the hotel and lecture
> hall are effectively dealt with.

I'm arranging for the lecture hall, that should be fine.  As for
hotel, he's got my couch, which is admittedly short shorter than
he is. :-D

> Have you got a tour
> guide/minder who will show him a bit of the city and
> make sure he gets to the lecture hall on time? Other
> stuff, PR will be needed, have the following been
> looked at (and would you like me to look into)?:

Basically he's arriving on 7th around 4PM to downtown, we
probably chat and have a walk in downtown, then lecture, then
head out with interested parties for dinner, and he leaves the
day after.

I was thinking about PR, would be awesome if you could help
please.  Since I'll be in Montreal the entire next week myself.
I will send the announcement when the time/location are
finalized, and please go ahead and contact any of these.

As for fliers, I will ask a friend to take care of UofT, and
possibly the College & Spadina area, but not Seneca, etc.

> - the upcoming events section of the free newspapers
>   (Eye, Now, etc.).
> - the business calendar sections of the non-free
>   newspapers (Globe and Mail, Toronto Star, Toronto
>   Sun, etc.)
> - Passing out fliers at the local PC clone shops.
> - email to the other computer (but not necessarily
>   Linux) related mailing lists.
> - Fliers posted in educational institutions (i.e.
>   University of Toronto, Seneca College, Centennial
>   College, etc.).
>
> What else am I am missing here?

Nothing, that's all I was expecting.

> In other words ask specific help and while I will not
> not promise results I will be happy to see what I can
> do.

Thanks,

--behdad
http://behdad.org/