The History of the World. Part 2

psema4 psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 27 04:16:12 UTC 2005

Several things have me up in arms right now, so I apologize if my tact
is that of a bulldozer.  I am nothing if not passionate.

Rememberance Day is just over 2 weeks from now.

On November 11th, for myself, I will add an additional minute to also
remember those who have made our modern form of society possible.  I
believe it brings honour to those who gave far more than I have.  So
that we could be free.

(If you feel the same, please feel free to distribute.)

There are so many communities in the world today that exist because
of, and are entirely based on, the strength of volunteers.  You and I.
 I believe it is an honourable thing for a citizen to volunteer, and
we all do it in our own way.  Many have become comfortable with this,
and many are learning to.

To paraphrase some lines in the movie Pearl Harbour:

Officer 1: Do you know what makes me think we'll win this war?
Officer 2: No.
Officer 1: (points to a pair of young pilots) Them;  There is nothing
stronger than the heart of a volunteer.

I think it is good for everyone, myself included, to be reminded that
we do good unto the world by sharing our ideas, knowledge, and wisdom
such as we can.

We do that in large part, I think, because of lessons the entire world
had to learn the hard way.  Twice.

My apologies to those who might see my message as preaching to choirs,
but we live in volatile times.  I needed to be reminded.  Maybe it'll
help someone else too.

--
Scott Elcomb
Fight might with Right.  Your Right.