Anybody else tried FreeBasic (aka fbc)?

psema4 psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 27 01:36:31 UTC 2005

On 10/26/05, D. Hugh Redelmeier <hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> People loved SNOBOL the way others loved APL, LISP, and PERL.  It was
> a very functional universe that helped you get stuff done on otherwise
> ponderous machines.  SPITBOL was a very impressive compiled
> implementation.  Although folks think they love a language, much of
> the experience relates to the implementation.

Indeed.  I tried Perl the first couple of times under Windows, but
just couldn't take it.

Then I discovered linux and found I couldn't live without perl.  It
was an interesting development for me, to see how much the
implementation (in this context, the underlying platform) made a
difference.

--
Scott Elcomb
Fight might with Right.  Your Right.