OT: Mugs it is; ideas for a catchy phrase?

psema4 psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 27 01:27:05 UTC 2005

On 10/26/05, Alex Beamish <talexb-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>    Service Tech: OK, we'll need to get the backup tape and put it in the
> drive ..
>    Worried Customer: OK, I know I have it around here somewhere .. oh, here
> it is
>    ST: OK, put it into the drive, and we'll have those files restored pronto
>    WC: Just a minute, it's a bit tricky to unwrap the plastic ..
>    ST: Unwrap the .. oh. Never mind.
>    WC: OK, the tape's in the drive. Now what?
>
>  An automated backup system would be a lifesaver, especially for the folks
> that don't really get the difference between full and incremental backups.

Lol.  And particularly so for those don't remove the plastic from
their backup tapes.

My brain is completely non-functional at the moment, so I can't add
any ideas...  But I would like to put a request in for a mug with "A
backup a day keeps the pink slip away"  :-)

My employer is running off a simple bash-based backup script I did a
couple years ago...  I'd really like to replace it with something more
robust, when time permits.  TLE-BU is first on my list to try out -
and preferably before my script fails and that pink slip comes in!

--
Scott Elcomb
Fight might with Right.  Your Right.

2375+ Canadians oppose Bill C-60