Linux World / Network World 2006

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 25 18:46:55 UTC 2005

Meng Cheah wrote:

> I just don't think GTALUG's absence at Linux World / Network World
> 2006 is an option, short of an unforeseen disaster.

Regardless of the current indecisions expressed on this list, there
_will_ be a  local LUG presence at LinuxWorld; it's just unclear for now
whether this presence will take place from within a GTALUG booth or be
hosted elsewhere.

What is yet to be determined is whether the brain-trust of GTALUG can
wrap it collective head around the reasonable insistence that a free
booth be primarily used to show off the LUG rather than its members.

This is only a contentious issue for those those who primarily want to
use TLUG to sell their own wares. Within mosts non-profit bodies and
other LUGs, such interests are held by sponsors rather than members.
Within GTALUG, they appear to be the prevailing agenda, resulting in a
lack of collective work and vision. Damn shame.

> The conditions aren't unacceptable for a "free" booth given Evan's
> explanation and his offer to help find an acceptable solution.

To that end, I've scheduled an in-person meeting with Plum for later
this week. As William said in the message that started this sub-thread,
"stay tuned".

> I believe we'll work something out.

Me too. Thanks for your confidence and optimism, Meng.

- Evan