Linux World / Network World 2006

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 20 17:04:22 UTC 2005

On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 06:24:37PM -0400, Colin McGregor wrote:
> Agreed the choice of speaker(s)/panelist will be key
> here. In my case on any given day at home I will be
> running:
>
> - Coyote Linux (fantastic router, rotten everything
> else).

I like all my systems being compatible and consistent.  So I stick to
Debian for everything.

> - Debian (good general purpose desktop, excellent
> server).
> - Knoppix (great for solving some problems).

Great for having linux anywhere (almost) you want it.

> - Fedora Core 4 (very good general purpose desktop).

I got tired of redhat's buggy releases, so I haven't looked at FC, and
probably won't ever.

> Debian has it's place, but would not be my pick for a
> router (Coyote!), and if I had a box that was in
> trouble I would not want to try to rescue the box with
> Debian (Knoppix).

Well I certainly use it for routers.  Works rather well for that in my
opinion.

Lennart Sorensen