Linux World / Network World 2006

G. Matthew Rice matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 19 19:47:52 UTC 2005

lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org (Lennart Sorensen) writes:
> > Any event, Herb Richter was noting that he has wanted
> > a "Which Linux Distribution Do You Choose When/Why?"
>
> To me that sounds like exactly the kind of topic you wouldn't want.  It
> always turns into a huge distribution war when that topic comes up,
> unless you don't allow any questions/opinions to be stated by the
> audience.

Make it a panel discussion with people having experience using many
distros. Debian based, RPM based, 'single' purpose distros (like leaf),
bootable distros like Knoppix and I think that you can have a well rounded
discussion.

Make it a panel filled with RH/FC, SUSE, Mandriva and Debian 'enthusiasts'
and, yeah, you'll get what you predict ;)

PS - Go Debian!!!!
--
g. matthew rice <matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>           starnix, toronto, ontario, ca
phone: 647.722.5301 x242                                  gpg id: EF9AAD20