Linux World / Network World 2006

psema4 psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 18 21:28:31 UTC 2005

On 10/18/05, Evan Leibovitch <evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
[...]
> To me, it's mainly an advocacy gig -- providing non-vendor-biased
> information and FUD-busting to show attendees, an extension of the
> self-help model that spawned the LUG movement in the first place. Think
> of a broader goal of growing the community, which is not the exact same
> thing as growing LUG membership.
[...]

I really like this suggestion.

With roughly 6 months available for research and prep, a FUD-Buster!
style show along with an introduction to the self-help model might not
be a bad idea at all.  Might even be a great way to ease LW attendees
into the LUG concept - it has good guys, bad guys, self and communal
development.  All kinds of neat things, without the need to get
technical.

--
- SGE