Running ASP (ick) web pages on Linux

Aaron Vegh aaronvegh-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 17 12:59:55 UTC 2005

> I'm not a huge fan of Visual Studio or ASP.Net, but I have to say in
> terms of knocking together a web app really quickly, it's not so bad.
> The combination of C# and a visual forms designer made everything
> relatively painless, at least for small projects. Plus the results
> worked fine in Firefox. Just my $0.02.

Actually, if you want a fast way to knock together a web app, and
steer clear of the Dark Side, Ruby on Rails is utterly amazing. I'm
learning it now, but as a PHP/MySQL developer, this is going to knock
your socks off.

http://www.rubyonrails.com/

Check out the video for a live demo:

http://www.rubyonrails.com/media/video/rails_take2_with_sound.mov