OT: Tuesday Globe -- Ottawa and Wiretap access

B B kioskfan-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Oct 15 16:53:59 UTC 2005

"Confidential negotiations with industry" sounds more
like what is allowed (encouraged?) to happen down
South. The argument takes international organized
crime and money laundering as the reason for the
ability to invade the privacy of regular citizens.
Well the big time mob have the resources to operate
sophisticated encrypted networks, its us regular guys
who have to worry about loosing our privacy and the
numerous errors and abuses by the various agencies in
the past prove this should not be conducted in
private.

If this process is important enough to hide now how
about in the future? Imagine you are charged with a
crime and the presenting of the evidence against you
causes the exposure of the methods used to obtain the
evidence, will the prosecution be allowed to present
"confidential evidence"? Evidence hidden from you!

How would you like to be charged with a crime and not
allowed to examine the evidence? Sometimes I think I'm
reading the Saudi Globe and Mail.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20051011.wxaccess11/BNStory/National/