Python week - comments please

Paul DiRezze pdirezze-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 10 00:42:51 UTC 2005

I've a week off and I'm looking to take a crack at learning how to
program in Python.  Here's a list of the places I've bookmarked:

http://www.python.org/doc/
and more specifically
http://wiki.python.org/moin/
http://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide
http://www.python.org/doc/Intros.html
http://www.python.org/topics/

I'm looking for additional resources (links, names of books,
whatever...) that you think may help me out.

I'm a hobby programmer using mostly BASIC(s) and some Java.  I know
procedural programming and I know what encapsulation, inheritance and
polymorphism are but I have very little experience in using them as I've
written just a few Java programs (i.e., I guess I could use a primer in
OO programming).

Any ideas?

paul