time-delayed emails to a mailing list

Merv Curley mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 9 16:15:49 UTC 2005

On Saturday 08 October 2005 14:16, Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on a project right now that requires me to send out "daily
> prompts" to a set of participants. My preference is to send the emails
> via mailman so that I've got all the subscriber management tools;
> however, I'm pretty sure that mailman won't let me set a month's worth of
> messages and then set the dates that the emails are sent out on. I can
> write a little shell script to have a message sent to mailman at
> specified times/dates but I'd like to have a nice little GUI interface to
> add/edit the messages. Before I go ahead and write my own, does anyone
> know if something like this already exists?

If you are using KDE  then Kcron will schedule your dates and times but you
will have to come up with a script that it can run in order to to send the
correct messages to the correct places.

And even if it doesn't do this job, it is a tool I use regularly for cron
tasks.

--
Merv Curley
Toronto, Ont.