DNS and cached files

Robert F. Kennedy rfk-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 6 05:23:08 UTC 2005

Hello,

I recently changed my ISP from Istop to teksavvy and so I had to update
my DNS setting with my new static IP. To make my email system more
robust I also added a backup MX server with dnsmadeeasy.com. When I did
this I set my mail server and the backup server to the same priority
number of twenty. I quickly got feedback on my mistake and set my mail
server to 10. Most emails go throught now but occasionally some come
back with the Postfix "mail loops back to myself" error. Also, checking
on my MX settings with dnstuff.com show the old settings. I made the
changes more than a week ago, is there a way to speed up the updating of
cached files? The server is shambhalatoronto.org.

Thanks for any assistance,
Robert