[OT] Maxtor DiamondMax 10 300GB

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 5 14:51:02 UTC 2005

Steve wrote:

>Maxtor DiamondMax 10 300GB IDE (16MB Cache, 7200rpm)
>
>Specifically, any BAD experiences? Also, do they run quiet at all? I'm
>seeing them selling for around $160, which sounds like a good deal.

I have no experience with the Maxtors. When I was shopping around
recently, I was advised by multiple sources that Seagate Barracudas were
the quietest of the bunch. Noise was important to me, so I took the
advice; I have mine in an Antec Sonata2 case and you can barely hear the
thing when it's on.

- Evan