ATI driver support for linux

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 4 18:29:31 UTC 2005

On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 01:25:28PM -0400, Francois Ouellette wrote:
> I lost faith in ATI a while ago... pity! They have awesome hardware but
> their drivers have always been poor...
> I supported them for many years but most of their Win drivers were so-so
> since the Mach64 models, their Linux support on current cards sucks.

Yeah I too was quite happy with the vga wonder xl24, the mach32 VRAM VLB
card, but the windows drivers were not that good when windows became the
thing to run.  Anything in dos with it's own drivers or using vesa
generalyl ran pretty good.  By the time of win98 the drivers for the
rage II's tv tuner support was dreadful and very buggy, and I stopped
buying ATI cards since I wasn't willing to put up with crap drivers.

Lennart Sorensen