[ANN] wiki lockdown

Sy Ali sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 4 03:05:49 UTC 2005

On 10/4/05, Tro <troworld-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Monday October 3 2005 20:53, Sy Ali wrote:
> > On 10/4/05, Tro <troworld-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > I know of the extension and I'll check it out.  Unfortunately it
> > appears to be 1.4-only so it won't apply to my own personal wiki, but
> > at the very least it should be applied to the various 1.4 wikis that I
> > know of.
>
> Works fine on Gentoo Wiki, which is 1.5.

Ok.. I played around with it.  Is there some special kind of chicken I
should sacrifice to make pages editable at all after installing it?
My various spam blacklists are all empty/renamed and when this
extension is installed.. editing any page just gives a totally blank
result when attempting a save.

Did you do anything special to get it working for gentoo's wiki?

For now I'm completely locking down my own wiki.  My own solution will
be to allow anonymous access to talk pages only (via some hackery),
and I will additionally look into this sort of protection on top of
that.