REAL Linux

psema4 psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 3 20:38:45 UTC 2005

> Hmm, in my experience the majority of software developed using VB is of
> a quality such that the world would have been better off had it never
> been written.

I'd agree for the most part.  I've always hated VB.  The value I see
in it though, is the same value that made RAD tools so popular.

The ability to quickly create featureful linux desktop applications is
important for bringing increasing numbers of people to the linux
desktop, and offers, I think, some serious potential for innovative
startups.

I am certain the resultant executables will not be as good as if
they'd been done with gcc, but for the most part, the average home
user couldn't really care less about how it was built.

In addition to the standard GUI and database components, it includes
components for building games, internet applications, etc.

The programmer in me definately agrees we don't need any more horrid
code.  On the other hand, my advocate side is thinking this is a good
thing for the desktop.

--
- SGE