REAL Linux

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 3 17:13:28 UTC 2005

On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 04:56:04PM -0400, psema4 wrote:
> > Apparently, standard edition is free for linux (I'm running in 6-mo
> > demo mode, pending more info from their public forums)
>
> Selecting "demo" during installation is apparently the same as
> installing a Standard Edition key under linux.
>
> According to REAL Software, corrections to the captions used during
> the registration process are being made for the next release to
> clarify this somewhat.

Hmm, in my experience the majority of software developed using VB is of
a quality such that the world would have been better off had it never
been written.

Why not just use python or something with wxwindows if you want cross
platform.  Or use libsdl and gcc/g++ and you can write code that runs on
either without too much extra overhead.

>From what I have seen most of these tools make crappy hard to maintain
code and are only a time saver for getting a proof of concept demo out
the door, but should not be used for a full application development.

Len Sorensen