A question for those running their own OSS projects

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 3 15:47:23 UTC 2005

psema4 wrote:
>>   This is probably the proverbial "$64,000 question" but I guess it
>>doesn't hurt to ask anyway...
>>
>>   "How do you promote a new OSS program?"
>

> To add to the list of suggestions, perhaps also consider writing an
> article on your software - what it does, a quick walkthrough on
> getting it up and running, etc.
>
> I've seen some references on writing articles*, but I'm still a few
> months away from needing to follow up on them.
>
> There are a couple authors on the list who might be able to add some
> thoughts on this as well.
>

> * Googling for "howto write articles" turns up a fair number of results.

Authors, ideas? :)

   I think this would be a great idea. I've got some experience writting
from when I used to teach at college and from a couple of presentations
I've given to the TLUG group. I'll want to wait until after the first
actual release though, I should suspect, so that I don't get interest
and then lose people because I brought their attention to the program
too soon.

   Thanks!

Madison