Hosting Provider Suggestions

Fraser Campbell fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 2 00:07:35 UTC 2005

jeff-/qp0DKbAOldBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org wrote:

> I've been using 1and1 for a couple of years now and it's been reliable..
> They are pretty cheap too
>
> http://order.1and1.com/xml/order/ServerRoot
>
> $69 for a root server with either redhat 9, FC2, debian or suse

Glad to hear you find them reliable.  I've been with them for a few
months and it's been rock solid.  It's only hosting personal email for
now so I'm not monitoring closely, must start doing that ... can't beat
1000GB/month for $49 or $69 (my case).

The main reason I went with them was because they offered a web based
reset and recovery system, I didn't see the other big providers offering
a recovery system.

I documented my setup so that I wouldn't forget how to do it:

   http://www.wehave.net/linux/custom1and1.html

Fraser