anyone else having trouble interacting with Sourceforge these days?

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 25 01:07:53 UTC 2005

On 11/24/05, bob <fcsoft-3Emkkp+1Olsmp8TqCH86vg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> One of my project pages   https://sourceforge.net/projects/simpl comes up
> about every third time I try.      I know I'm still dialup but this is
> ridiculous.
>
> Even when this page comes up most of the links will not resolve into pages.
> My browser indicates that data is being transferred but the details on my
> connector shows diddly squat happening on the modem line.
>
> This is simply no longer usable at all.

Looks like the changes over the last 6-12 months have been for the
benefit of broadband users.

Here's what I see when calling up your page:

[selcomb at thisbox selcomb]$ wget -O tmp.out http://sourceforge.net/projects/simpl
--19:36:20--  http://sourceforge.net/projects/simpl
           => `tmp.out'
Resolving sourceforge.net... done.
Connecting to sourceforge.net[66.35.250.203]:80... connected.
Length: unspecified [text/html]

    [  <=>                                ] 30,538       109.24K/s

19:36:20 (109.24 KB/s) - `tmp.out' saved [30538]

It comes up consistantly, and almost immediately here.  We're on a 10M
connection now and the download rate looks several 100K/s below norm.
The page wasn't very big though and might've finished before the dl
rate settled down.  Not sure what conculsions to draw - will have to
try from home later.

--
Scott Elcomb
Fight might with Right.  Your Right.