Novell, WP

Kevin Cozens kcozens-qazKcTl6WRFWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Sat Nov 19 00:40:27 UTC 2005

Christopher Browne wrote:
>> I saw it differently. The "reveal codes" function of WP (which none of
>>  the other word processors have really done right) comes reasonably
>> close to letting you explicitly manipulate formatting tags as you can
>> with TeX.

The reveal codes feature of WP is fantastic. I remember my first attempts
to use MS Word (sometimes to help others with problems). Some formatting
would get applied to the document and it was often impossible to figure out
what had happened to be able to undo what had just gotten done. In WP I
never had that problem. When in doubt, turn on "reveal codes" and
everything affecting the format of the document was right there in front of
you.

There is talk of adding a "reveal codes" feature to Open Office but I'm not
going to hold my breath waiting for it.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.interlog.com/~kcozens/ |"What are we going to do today, Borg?"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172        |"Same thing we always do, Pinkutus: