Mandriva package question

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 18 02:56:58 UTC 2005

On November 17, 2005 17:44, Fernando Duran wrote:
> Hello,
>
> for the Mandriva users, how do I find on the web
> (without installing Mandriva) what Mandriva rpm
> package includes a certain program?
>
> To be more specific, I want to study the dependencies,
> where it comes from  etc of userhelper/consolehelper
> (http://www.die.net/doc/linux/man/man8/userhelper.8.html)
>
> A search in Mandriva's CVS gives me zero results for
> both strings. Same thing for the Wiki.
>
> A google search points to the "usermode" rpm, that
> also includes PAM. But if I look at that package for
> Mandriva, it talks about a graphical tool for other
> utilities. So I'm totally confused :-(

Hi Fernando,

[root at pluto ~]# urpmf userhelper
usermode-consoleonly:/usr/sbin/userhelper
usermode-consoleonly:/usr/share/man/man8/userhelper.8.bz2
man-pages-fr:/usr/share/man/fr/man8/userhelper.8.bz2
[root at pluto ~]#

So it looks like the Mandriva package you're looking for is
usermode-consoleonly.
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay