Thunderbird on Gatesware + Sympatico DSL

bob fcsoft-3Emkkp+1Olsmp8TqCH86vg at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 15 14:35:24 UTC 2005

Not everyone in my circle listens to my pitch about the merits of going
Linux.     The best I can do with some of them is to pitch the merits of FTO
(Firefox/Thunderbird/Open Office).

My brother has Gatesware XP + Sympatico DSL.     Firefox went on without
incident.      Thunderbird seems to install just fine and pickup all the
Outlook settings and address book etc.      It simply refuses to connect to
the Sympatico email servers.

Any ideas.

bob