One of those monumental days ........

Kevin Cozens kcozens-qazKcTl6WRFWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Sat Nov 12 19:05:10 UTC 2005

Walter Dnes wrote:
>   I'm talking specifically about "info".  Remember the old text
> adventure games like Zork?  You'd press an arrow in a random direction,
> trying to get to your destination.  Instead, you'd end up in some random
> chamber on another level.  You could easily waste hours playing the game.

In the original text versions of Zork you didn't use arrows. You had to
type U, D, a compass direction, followed by enter when attempting to change
to another location.

I know how you feel about 'info'. My first encounter with it did have some
of the feel of an adventure game. Trying to learn what keys to use to
navigate around the pages to find the information and usually not getting
anywhere seemed to be a way to waste time. To this day, I rarely use info.
I still find man or web pages are a quicker and eaiser way to get the info
I need. More recently I have noticed that it seems to have gotten eaiser to
navigate around in info or I'm finally getting the hang of it.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.interlog.com/~kcozens/ |"What are we going to do today, Borg?"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172        |"Same thing we always do, Pinkutus: