One of those monumental days ........

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 9 21:04:35 UTC 2005

On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 03:57:06PM -0500, Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:
> yOn Wed, 9 Nov 2005, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
>
> >On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 02:06:31AM -0500, Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:
> >>    If zsh were a POSIX shell, I'd probably use it.
> >
> >It isn't?
>
>    No.
>
> > Is bash?
>
>    Yes.

So what in zsh makes it not posix, and makes bash posix?  I have seen
shell scripts that were supposed to be posix shell scripts fail on bash3
while working on bash2 and other posix compliant shells.  Never did try
those scripts on zsh.

I always thought of zsh as a superset of bash and bash as a superset of
sh.

Lennart Sorensen